Friday, July 31, 2009

"Delighting in my FATHER's Sweet Love

"Delight yourself in the LORD...and HE will give you the desires of your heart." Ps. 37:4

Dear Praying Friends and Family,

I didn't know if i'd be writing anything or not this week, but with a fresh IV in my system, my brain is functioning a little better, so i'm going to give it a shot. Sure have been thinking a whole lot this week about "Delighting in the LORD...and HIS sweet love giving us the desires of our heart." This time last year, Hannah Beth and I were on our way to Marion, N.C. for the Greene's Gospel Music Jubilee. Well, that was what i was on my way to. She had another "desire" that she was looking forward to as well as seeing the Greenes. A special friend of hers, and his family "just happened" to be in Asheville, NC, that same weekend, and believe me the LORD worked it all out. Neither trip was "planned," in advance, and we all ended up up there on the "spur of the moment." That's how GOD seems to work in our lives. I'm always expecting HIM to do something and hold out hope til the last minute. Most of my desires HE gives me...and so many of those come through my husband's love, come at the last moment, when HE "parts the Red Sea" in my life...and then, i'm gone!

This week, the Greene's (www.thegreenesgospel.com) are having their Gospel Music Jubilee and part of my heart has sure been up there with them. Many of you know how very dear and special the Greene family is to me since i met Tim Greene. Tim and I share a similar "thorn in the flesh" where he suffered from mold poisoning, and me from pesticide poisoning. The LORD introduced us to one another in an allergy testing room at the EHCD (www.ehcd.com) in Dallas, Tx i think six years ago now. The Greene family is from Boone, NC, and has been singing for the LORD JESUS CHRIST for 32 years as a family. Their Daddy and Mamma raised them up singing in church, and then the LORD expanded their ministry around the mountains where they lived...and then to the uttermost parts of the earth. They have traveled and sang all over...singing the praises of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, and sharing HIS wonderful salvation wherever they go. When i met Tim, i had never heard of the Greene's. I had heard of Bill Gaither, and the Cathedrals, but beyond that, i was pretty clueless about the world of Southern Gospel Music. Tim sent me a couple of CD's after i met him, and i'll never forget the first time i put one on to play from their "Glimpse of Glory" CD. I was in bed, listening to it...which i rarely listen to anything when i'm going to sleep, and i woke up hearing these words, "I don't have to know the reason's, I don't have to ask HIM why. I know HE knows what's best for me, best for my life, so i'll daily surrender to what HE has for me, I will keep on trusting GOD." I thought, wow, that is my life, my heart, where i struggle. A few weeks later, the Greene's were singing in our neck of the woods, over near Guntersville, Al, and i went to hear them for the very first time...Hannah Beth, and me, and our friends, Darlene and Natalie Anderson. The little church was full that night...and i wasn't even sure i would recognize Tim. I'd only met him and seen him once or twice. He was back on his first road trip with Tony and Taranda after being sick and unable to travel with them for months. I did recognize Tim when he walked in and he walked down the aisle and gave me a big hug...he seemed so proud to see me. That night as i was watched the Greene's, I sure was happy for Tim that he was able to travel once again with his family and sing the songs of the LORD he so loved to sing. Tim had almost died from mold poisoning and the LORD had used the doctors and staff in Dallas to save his life. Afterwards, we talked with Amy, his wife, and i met Taranda for the very first time. I remember the first thing she said, "You sure look good." I knew what she meant, to be sick like Tim:). Amy gave us a tour of their bus, and we talked a little while about "medical" stuff concerning Tim and me. I had no idea, that would be the beginnings of GOD invading my heart with love for the Greene family, and giving me such a desire to pray for this dear family who has been so faithful to proclaim GOD's love and faithfulness throughout all their trials. That first year, the Greene's sang in our area 8 times! I remember, i went to see them every single time...and loved them and loved the encouragment i received when i went to hear them sing. They were so transparent about their struggles, and it's from them i learned how very strong that GOD is through our weaknesses. I felt the power of GOD everytime they shared their weaknesses, and then sang the praises of GOD. They were not ashamed to let others see their struggles. I heard them talk about their jubilee that year that they have every year, but didn't really know about it too much. By the time the following year rolled around...i really, really desired to go but the door seemed slammed shut really tight. GOD did HIS wonder working power...and HE made the way, and our whole family packed up, and traveled up to Boone, North Carolina that August for the Greene's Homecoming Jubilee. I remember when we first got there at the sight of the Jubilee, we parked the car, and rode to the entrance on a hay bailed wagon pulled behind a tractor. Stephanie, the Greene's Nanny at that time, hollered at us, and said, "I know you!" and it sure did make me feel good. What a wonderful time that was for me, to get to travel up there, and get to meet so many of the Greene's family, including Tim's Mom, and Grandmother's, and so many of their relatives and Amy's parents and their church member's who all volunteer and help out with the Jubilee. The Greene women cook for this huge event, pinto beans, cornbread, fried chicken, pies and i'm not sure what all else...it's just all good! I was so honored as Amy introduced me to so many of their family and church members. Tim showed up that weekend for a surprise visit...he and Amy had to move away from Boone because of the mold, and Tim drove 5 hours to surprise everyone, including Amy . He sang a few song's with the Greene's that night, and then he was off...in an ambulance. I didn't even get to speak to him. The next morning, our family worshiped there under the big tent, with the mountains surrounding us....What a special, special time this week of Jubilee is each year, to worship and sing praises to the LORD, to visit old friends and meet new ones, and be encouraged in the LORD! That was such an amazing weekend for me...as GOD gave me the desires of my heart. I remember riding through that beautiful mountain country of Boone, early Sat. morning as i had gone to sauna at a nearby motel and Taranda was singing a beautiful song on her new CD then..."Holy, Holy, the LORD GOD almighty is HOLY...HOLY is the Lamb, Worthy is the Lamb, YOU are Holy...Holy." Tears welled up in my eyes at GOD's goodness in bringing us up there to Boone, NC and showing me how very much HE loved me.

Last year...GOD did it again, and although the Jubilee has changed locations, it was so beautiful up there above Asheville. Hannah Beth and I had a great time although probably for different reasons:). What a blessing to see Tim's wife, Amy and daughter Brittany, and the Greene's Mom, and their dear friend Steve . Tim sure wanted to be there, but wasn't able to make it last year, due to health issues. What a blessing to see all the little Greene girls playing around the grounds there...Belle, Josie, Brooklyn, and Lexi...and what a joy to see Taranda and Tony. Tony, just right before the Jubilee, had begun dialysis, and in between singing and doing all the things to be done for the Jubilee was having to get on the bus and do dialysis four times a day. Once we were walking behind stage, and Tony was sitting there with what looked like the wind knocked out of him. Someone had slapped him in the stomach playfully, where he was getting dialysis, not knowing that he was tender there, and he was in incredible pain.
This year when the Jubilee is over, Tony will be having a kidney transplant. I'm not sure if Taranda, his wife, is still going to be his donor, but that was the plan the last i heard. Tim, is planning to preach this year at the Jubilee...and i'm sure he'll do some singing too, while he's there. Please remember Tim in your prayers, and the whole Greene family. Earlier this week, Tony and Taranda's 26 16 month old daughter, Josie was run over by a golf cart, and they rushed her to the hospital in an ambulance. Thankfully, she is doing fine, i think. The doctor's said, a Higher Power was watching over their baby. Praise the LORD. Yes, i sure would love to be there...but GOD has been so very gracious to allow me to go twice, and this year, i will be there in my prayers for them. What a dear family this is...and how they have struggled and suffered, and continue to sing and declare the Praises of our LORD JESUS CHRIST...they are such an inspiration and encouragement of GOD's grace to all who meet them.What a special, special time this week of Jubilee is each year, to worship and sing praises to our LORD JESUS, to visit old friends and meet new ones who come from all over the US in their RV's, and to be encouraged in the LORD!

Instead of heading up to North Carolina, the Hembree's are going to be at their beach house next week and they have graciously invited us to stay with them a few days. As a Mom, i'm learning how GOD is also working in my daughter's life to give her the "desires of her heart." Hannah Beth and Josh met last March at a Teen Pact event, where they learned about the government, and their budding friendship began. In recent months, the friendship, has progressed, and well, we're not sure about all of this, except that it's "official" on Facebook:). Johnny and Josh had a long talk while he and his sis were up here camping recently, and he laid down the rules for a prospective young man interested in his daughter. Josh, a very fine young man, didn't run away, so he must be pretty interested or he doesn't scare to easily:). I am very happy for her and Josh... we love Josh and we love his family. We sure would appreciate your prayers as we are navigating in new territory. We hadn't planned on Hannah Beth having a special young man at this age...and we have steered away from dating, preferring our children to do things in groups at this stage of life. Not sure what the LORD's plans are for the future...but we're all learning to "Delight in HIM...and we see HIM giving us the desires of our heart...desires that HE puts there to accomplish HIS plans and purposes. I have admired Hannah Beth, and her honoring her Daddy's wishes, and being obedient, all these months. It's neat to see GOD honor her with her heart's desire and Josh is such a fine, godly, young man.

GOD has been so very gracious, teaching me to "Delight in Him." Everywhere i turn it seems, HE's teaching me that lesson...and wants me to get it right. "Delight in the HIM first and HE will give you the desires of your heart." I think HE puts HIS desires in our heart, as we learn to delight in HIM...to show us HIS love and accomplish the wonderful plans that HE has for us. That's a lot like, "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." Mt. 6:33.

GOD has used my "thorn in the flesh" to help me as i learn to "Delight in Him." I have a built in mechanism it seems that causes me to depend on HIM. I was thinking today, before i took my IV...i don't have to plan to fast...my body just does it naturally. I run out of my nutrients, though i eat the best of food, and take the best of supplements, and i have to refill every 2-3 weeks with IV nutrients. While i am waiting sometimes for that IV to try and stretch it out or whatever...it feels very much like i'm fasting, and i very much have to depend on the LORD. That's a real blessing, even though i don't like the uncomfortableness of it, because that is when GOD often reveals HIMself the most to me...when i am weakest. Earlier this week was one of those times...I had been really down Monday, and part of it was due to my nutritional status, and that very much colors how i look at the world sometimes. Johnny planned for our family to go out with my brother-in-law's family and all go meet John Mac in Huntsville. I tried to feel like going but just didn't feel up to it. I stayed behind and rested, and poured my heart out to my friend Wanda, who always seems to know what to say to encourage me. She is my Barnabas. Later on, I took Dixie and Midnight, our Golden Retriever and Lab, for a walk about dark. I have enjoyed many late evening walks with my dogs, and my LORD, this summer. What a special time this has been to me to "Delight in the LORD, and pour my heart out to HIM as i walk along and hear the crickets singing, the tree frogs making their noises, the moon shining, and the stars glittering in the sky...i have loved that special time with HIM, it is as if "GOD is Singing over Me," and HE is... ...."The LORD your GOD is in the midst of you, A MIGHTY ONE, a SAVIOR-WHO saves! HE will rejoice over you with joy; HE will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in HIS love HE will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them], HE will exult over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17.


Tuesday morning, after having such a down evening the night before, i got up, and GOD just blessed my socks in my Quiet Time that morning. Everything i read spoke to my heart about what i was dealing with...and i was reminded that when things are darkest in our lives, GOD shines the brightest to us...and HE sure was encouraging my heart that morning. Talk about "Dry Wood on a Rainy Night," GOD poured HIS healing balm in my soul, and reminded me once again how very much HE loves me...and how very patient and kind, and loving HE is with me when when i am unlovely and have "bad manners." HE is teaching me that HE delights in me, even when i'm unlovely, and HE wants me to love others as HE loves me...unconditionally.

Some of that "Dry Firewood" from last Tuesday included:

"But they and our fathers acted proudly,
Hardened their necks,
And did not heed YOUR commandments.
They refused to obey,
And they were not mindful of YOUR wonders
That YOU did among them....
But YOU are GOD
Ready to pardon,
Gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger,
Abundant in kindness,
And did not forsake them
Even when they made a molded calf for themselves
And they said, "This is your god
That brought you up out of Egypt,"
And worked great provocations,
Yet in Your manifold mercies
YOU did not forsake them in the wilderness.
The pillar of the cloud did not depart
from them day by day,
To lead them on the road;
Nor the pillar of fire by night,
To show them light,
And the way they should go..."
Nehemiah 9:16-19


From Daily Light:

"Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return,"-Luke 6:35
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles. Proverbs 24:17
"Do not repay evil for evil or reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you might obtain a blessing."1 Pet. 3:18
" If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."Rom. 12:18
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as GOD in CHRIST forgave you." Ephesians 4:32



From Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening:

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.-Psalm 73:22

"Think of your doubting GOD when HE has been so faithful to you. Think of your foolish outcry of "Not so, my FATHER," when HE crossed HIS hands in affliction to give you the larger blessing. Think of the many times when you have read HIS providences in the dark, misinterpreted HIS dispensations, and groaned out, "All these things are against me," when they are all working together for your good!


Oswald Chamber's Words from My Utmost for HIS Highest:

"We are apt to imagine that if JESUS CHRIST constrains us, and we obey HIM, HE will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as GOD's purpose for us. HIS purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that GOD is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; HE is not...what we call the process, GOD calls the end. HIS purpose is that i depend on HIM and on HIS power now. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to GOD...GOD's training is for now, not presently. HIS purpose is for this minute...GOD's end is to enable me to see that HE can walk on the chaos of my life just now. "


A very powerful poem from Springs in the Valley about pouring out our hearts for others even when that love isn't returned... GOD has not wasted it..."Love never fails. "1 Cor. 13:8


"Pour out thy love like the rush of a river,
Wasting its waters forever and ever,
Through the burnt sands that reward not the giver:
Silent or songful, thou nearest the sea,
Scatter thy life as the summer's shower pouring;
What if no bird through the pearl rain is soaring?
What if no blossom looks upward adoring?
Look to the life that was lavished for thee!

"So the wild wind strews its perfumed caresses;
Evil and thankless the desert it blesses
Bitter the wave that its soft pinion presses;
Never it ceases to whisper and sing,
What if the hard heart gives thorns for thy roses?
What if on rocks thy tired bosom reposes?
Sweeter is music with minor-keyed closes,
Fairest the vines that on ruin will cling."


Another "dry log" from Streams in the Desert stoked the fires of my heart :

"Have you asked to be made like your LORD? Have you longed for the fruit of the SPIRIT, and have you prayed for sweetness and gentleness and love? Then fear not the stormy tempest that is at this moment sweeping through your life. A blessing is in the storm, and there will be the rich fruitage in the "afterward."
-Henry Ward Beecher

The flowers live by the tears that fall
From the sad face of the skies;
And life would have not joys at all,
Were there no watery eyes.
Love thou thy sorrow: grief shall bring
Its own excuse in after years;
The rainbow!-see how fair a thing
GOD hath built up from tears.
Henry S. Sutton




Not only did GOD send HIS sweet presence to me to encourage me that morning and warm the fire of my heart, but that very evening, HE encouraged me greatly by sending me the sweet "desire" i had so longed for earlier before i went to bed. Talk about "misinterpring HIS dispensations, and groaning out, "All these things are against me," ...i had done that once again, and the LORD was so sweet to show me what i was thinking wasn't true. HE did that for me and HE does that for you because HE loves us so very much.. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness..."Jeremiah 31:3
Once again, HE is teaching me to trust in HIS love, when i can't see what HE is doing in the "Garden Behind the Wall."

Then, HE sent these sweet words from Charles Spurgeon's, Morning and Evening the next morning,to reassure me of CHRIST's sweet love for me:

"Nevertheless, I am continually with thee." Psalm 73:23

"Nevertheless, since I belong to CHRIST, I am continually with GOD!" This means that I am continually on HIS mind; He is always thinking of me for my good. I am continually before HIS eye; the eye of the LORD never sleeps, but is perpetually watching over my welfare. I am continually in HIS hand, so that none will be able to pluck me from it. I am continually in HIS heart, worn there as a memorial, even as the high priest bore the names of the twelve tribes on his heart forever. YOU always think of me, O GOD. Your love continually reaches out to me. YOU are always making providence work for my good. YOU have set me as a signet on YOUR arm. YOUR love is as "strong as death" (Song 8:6). "Many waters cannot quench it, neither can the floods drown it." (vs. 7)...YOU see me in CHRIST, and , though in myself abhorred, YOU behold me as wearing CHRIST's garments, washed in HIS blood; thus, I stand accepted in YOUR presence. I am continually in YOUR favor-"continually with thee."



HE didn't give me the "desire of my heart" to go to the Jubilee this year, and believe me, i tried everyway in the world to talk Johnny into it. But that's okay...HE's teaching me to "Delight in HIM for who HE is and not HIS gifts," and "in acceptance lieth peace." I can sure be there through my prayers for the Greenes "Across the Miles." Through the miracle of Facebook, i can see pictures of sweet Belle and Josie and hear about what's going on. One of the songs, Taranda and the Greene's sing so beautifully was inspired by the Scripture above out of Zephaniah 3:17. It is a beautiful song, called "GOD is Singing over Me," and it tells of how very much our FATHER loves us...delights in us, and HE sings over us with HIS goodness and favor in our lives. I sure wish i could let you listen to Taranda sing it...but i couldn't find it on the internet. It's on their "Far Down the Road," CD...check it out on their website (www.thegreenesgospel.com).

"GOD is Singing Over Me" by Jeff Ferguson, Regi Stone, Sue Smith

Around the throne of Heaven
A sea of the redeemed
Are bowing and proclaiming
The praises of the KING
Yet HIS WORD has promised
There's a song of love
GOD HIMself has written for each of us.

Chorus:
GOD is singing over me
My soul can hear the beauty of HIS melody
I feel the glory carried on the breeze
It lifts my spirit up
GOD is singing over me

When my heart is broken
Heavy with despair
I wonder does HE love me
Or why He'd even care
Suddenly there's something
Like a sweet perfume
Music from above me is in the room

My GOD rejoices with a song of love
I'm overwhelmed I'm the one HE's singing of




Our FATHER is preparing a time for HIS children when we are going to enjoy an endless Jubilee for all eternity with our LORD JESUS for all who have repented of their sins and trusted in the LORD JESUS as their SAVIOR. HE poured out HIS life to death for us on the cross at Calvary because HE loves you and me so very much so that we might be forgiven of our sins...and enjoy the endless Jubilee of HIS fellowship and our brothers and sisters in CHRIST forever and ever. "For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only SON that whosoever believes in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

Hark! Hark! a louder sound is booming
Oe'r heaven and earth, o'er land and sea;
The angel's trump proclaims HIS coming-
Our day of endless Jubilee.
-Springs in the Valley, July 31


You all are such a dear blessing to me.. I love hearing from different ones of you week after week. Thank you so much for your encouragement and asking me to pray for you. Thank you so much for your prayers for our family and your encouragement to us. Please remember us as we travel to the beach next week...it's always an adventure when i sleep in another place:).

With all HIS love,
mitzi

"Seek your LORD, for HE is near. Embrace HIM, for HE is your BROTHER. Hold HIM fast, for HE is your HUSBAND. Press HIM to your heart, for HE is of your own flesh."
-Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening July 31

No comments: