Friday, June 10, 2011

"The Journey is Too Great for Thee"

"And he was afraid and arose and ran for his life...he himself went...into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree; and he requested for himself that he might die...And the angel of the LORD came again a second time and touched him and said, "Arise, eat, because the journey is too great for you." I Kings 19:3,4,7

   Dear Praying Friends and Family,
            "It's me, it's me, it's me, Oh LORD, standing in the need of prayer..."  I have been painfully reminded this week, that "the journey is too great for me," and I would ask you my dear prayer warriors to please pray for me.  Since I started this Precalculus class, I have had numerous trials to discourage me from continuing the journey.    I have gone from the class to online back to the class again, except I won't actually be in class, I'll be at  home...so yes, the journey is too great for me.  I am asking for you to pray for me diligently.  GOD has blessed me with the most kind teacher who is willing to let me work at home, give extra credit for scratch paper work, homework, and will give partial credit on tests which I will need.  My first test is coming up next Thursday, and I have miles to go in my studying so i'm counting on you to remember me.
     GOD has encouraged me incredibly along the way, through the battles with allergic reactions, running out of "gas" and having to wait several days to get another IV, switching classes -the online teacher wasn't willing to accept my homework I had already done online and spent hours and hours doing and didn't give partial credit.  Our pastor preached on spiritual warfare this past Sunday and I feel that I have been in the midst of it. If GOD has called me to this journey, the devil is doing all he can to discourage me.
     I wanted to share with you this mornings devotion from Springs in the Valley the LORD used to encourage and strengthen me:

     "The LORD thy GOD shall bless thee in all that thou doest." Deut. 15:18

     Art thou suddenly called to occupy a difficult position full of responsibilities?  Go forward, counting on ME!  I am giving thee the position full of difficulties for the reason that JEHOVAH thy GOD will bless thee in all thy works, and in all the business of thy hands.
       This day I place in my hands a pot of holy oil.  Draw from it freely, MY child, that all the circumstances arising along thy pathway, each word that gives thee pain, each manifestation of thy feebleness, each interruption trying to thy patience, may be anointed with this oil.
                               
                                          Interruptions are Divine instructions.

     The sting will go in the measure in which thou seest ME in all things.

    Set your heart unto all the words which I testify among you this day...because it is your life."  Deut. 32:46,47

     "I will now turn aside, and see this great sight."
     Our FATHER is always trying to get us to the place of spiritual discoveries.  GOD is not interested in getting mere information into our souls:  HE wants us to have a revelation of HIMself.  GOD has challenging futures for us, and will go to miracle lengths to get us to pay attention.  If GOD calls me from ease and idleness, it will be that HIS undergirdings are sufficient for a great service.  "I will turn aside," for it is GOD who calls me.
     As "my expectations is from HIM" I will listen today.

    How thankful I am for a kind and loving husband who has encouraged me greatly this week, one day just holding me while I cried a few tears over the frustration I was feeling.  I am thankful for my daughter who needs your prayers too as she is taking two anatomy classes and has her cup full.  I am thankful for my son who is able to help me with my math when I get stuck...and a family who is picking up the pieces, helping around the house folding clothes, grocery shopping while mom is studying.  I am torn about the things I'm leaving undone around the house, and wonder LORD do YOU really want me doing this?  
     Pray for me, and my family, and thank you for remembering my friend Darlene in your prayers as she and Arthur seek the LORD's wisdom for her cancer battle.  Darlene has ministered and encouraged my heart so much this week, in the midst of her  own suffering.  Pray for the doctor's,  who are trying to help her and ask the LORD to give them wisdom.  Pray the things she is doing to build up and heal her body will indeed do that.  Pray for the LORD to encourage Arthur and Darlene.

     A team from our church left to go and minister in Peru this morning with Josh and Crystal Murphree, www.murphsonmission.com, our missionaries over there.  Please pray for them and all the LORD is going to accomplish through them.  I think, once the plane lands, it's still a day or so riding on the bus to get to the place where Josh and Crystal live.

    Just a few more thoughts from this weeks devotions that have encouraged my heart including these words from Scripture and Streams in the Desert:
     "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love GOD." Romans 8:28  ...including allergic reactions that are baffling me, changing in and out of classes, adjusting to studying and juggling home life.  Please pray for wisdom what i am reacting to that is making me feel jittery and discouraged and panicky feeling.

     "In one thousand trials it is not five hundred of them that work for the believer's good, but nine hundred and ninety of them, and  one beside."  George Mueller

   "GOD has an assignment for a believer.  We may feel overwhelmed, but we can be sure our sovereign LORD who calls us to serve HIM also equips us for the task." 

   "You did not choose ME, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever YOU ask the FATHER in MY name HE may give you." John 15:16

   "HE delivers magnificiently, and showeth lovingkindness." Psalm 18:50

     HE calmeth the storm to a whisper." Psalm 107:29

    "For YOU are my hope, O LORD GOD;
     YOU are my trust from my youth.
     By YOU I have been upheld from birth.
     YOU are HE who took me out of my mother's womb.
     My praise shall be continually of YOU.
     YOU are my strong refuge.
     Let my mouth be filled with YOUR praise
     And with YOUR glory all the day." Psalm 71:5-8


   "You can be assured that the GOD who organizes and orchestrates and harmonizes all the world knows exactly what you need for the job HE wants you to do." Elisabeth Elliot

     "Blessed is the man whose strength is in you."Psalm 84:5

   "I am here," said Much-Afraid, still kneeling at His feet," and I will go with YOU  with anywhere."  Hannah Hurnard, "Hinds Feet on High Places

     "Commit your way to the LORD, trust in HIM and HE will do this:  HE will make YOUR righteousness shine like the dawn." Psalm 37: 5-6

    I am "Much Afraid," these days, and I know the LORD tells me not to fear.  HE has brought me through everything in the past and HE will bring me through this too.  Just pray for me..and our family.  A lot is going on with us including HB found out today she got accepted into the nursing program at the University of Mobile...she has worked really hard and I am really proud and thankful for GOD giving her the discipline and all to study so hard. Please pray for my baby girl who is taking two anatomy's this summer to be able to get into the nursing program.  

   The LORD has been using, the song, "Thou, O LORD," to lift my head this week...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y284YvkYrZo .  HE is our shield and our glory and the lifter of our heads when I am discouraged and trodden down:

  "For thou O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head." Ps. 3:3

    HE loves us so very much that HE sent HIS one and only beloved SON to die for your sins and mine...and HE promises to those who receive HIM as their LORD and SAVIOR, and come to HIM humbly confessing our sins against HIM, that HE will give us eternal life and we will be HIS children for ever and ever.  

  But as many as received HIM, to them HE gave the right to become the children of GOD." John 1:12

   "Behold what manner of love the FATHER hath given unto us that we should be called the sons of GOD." I John 3:1

‎"As GOD's CHILDREN, we are HIS dependents. Dependent children...assume-and they have the right to-that their parents will PROVIDE EVERYTHING they need." Billy Graham

   Well, my FATHER is providing everything I need, piece by piece...including your prayers most of all.  Thank you, so much.  GOD is good, and GOD is faithful all the time...even when HIS ways seems strange to us, and are painful...HE knows what HE is doing in and through our trials, in ALL of them.  Yesterday, when I felt so anxious when I was at Calhoun going from one place to the other to the next trying to get back in the class at school...I was walking to my car, and I saw a sticker on the back of a car that said, "Relax, GOD is in control."  It sure did make me stop and smile in the midst of my anxiousness to remember that...HE is in control, and HE knows the path that I take. 
          I am so grateful for the grace HE showed me at school yesterday.   I told each one who helped me, including Mrs. Crouse, who was so kind, and said she was happy to take me back, without having to attend class, was willing to give me extra credit for my scratch paper I'm doing my homework on, and working with me any way she can to help me pass this class, if I don't make it, I sure did appreciate their kindness to me.  There are some great folks working down there at Calhoun...the lady in the disability office who helped me, I sat there and listened to her encouraging another young man to study, and work hard.  There was a saint in the vice president's office who encouraged me when I shared my story with her.  So many blessings in the midst of the fire.  Well, I'd better get in the bed...i need my rest I've got another day of hitting the books tomorrow, still trying to catch up.  So thankful for my son, who came in tonight, sat on my bed  and helped me with "domains," and reminded me about the lectures that are online. GOD is really giving me a lot of grace to help me through this class and I praise HIM and thank HIM for all of HIS help...including your prayers for me and my loved ones.  GOD bless you and thank you for sharing this time with me.


    "Trust in the LORD, with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct thy paths." Pr. 3:5,6
 

 
                                                     With all HIS love,
                                                                                         mitzi


"Worry is an old man with bended head, carrying a load of feathers which he thinks are lead." Corrie Ten Boom

"Do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or What shall we wear?" ...For your heavenly FATHER knows that you need all these things." Matt. 6:31-32

No comments: