Friday, June 17, 2011

"Tougher Shoes"

"...and the rest should follow, some on planks, and others on various things from the ship.  And thus it happened that they all were brought safely to land." Acts 27:44


Dear Praying Friends and Family, 
      I took my first precalculus test just a few hours ago, here at home, and I think the LORD helped me to do pretty well on it.  I can't thank you enough for your love and encouragement and prayers you have shared with me these past few weeks to help me to keep going when I wanted to give up.  In fact, I woke up during the night Sat. night with yet another allergic reaction, and I decided, I'm quitting, I can't continue trying to study with all this going on, and I will never be able to pass the test with all the information I had to learn and with all the trouble I was having concentrating.  Well, i went to Sunday School, announcing that I was withdrawing from the class. When I shared that with Dr. Betty Dean Newman in the choir robe room, she looked at me, raised her chin and said, "Are you sure that's what the LORD wants you to do?"  I was sure at 3:00 a.m in the morning when I couldn't sleep and told Johnny my plans.  After church, I walked over to Betty  Dean's car and she told me about her own journey getting her doctorate and the obstacles that she had overcome with her own health issues, and her husband's too, and the three statistics classes she had to have.  She prayed with me that the LORD would give me "tougher shoes," and help me to endure if this is indeed the path HE has for me.  So, I went home, told Johnny I might stay in the class, and he said, "I knew you would change your mind."  Later on I talked to my friend Wanda, and for everything I go through in my life, she has a story of her own to encourage me...she is GOD's personal "encouragement" to me for everything it seems.   She encouraged me to stay with it, Hannah Beth did, and even John Mac said he thought I could pass it.   As I was writing, it just dawned on me another part of GOD's grace,  "I just happened to be down at Calhoun trying to get changed back into Mrs. Crouse's class, after changing into the online course, and she gave me the pretest then."  Wow, what a difference that made...I am so thankful the LORD led me to go down there last Thursday through another "storm" going on inside me, and get me back in her class, and get me the pretest the same day.  Tuesday, the LORD provided a friend from church who teaches math at East Limestone, one of our local county schools, to come and help me work through the pretest.  When I finally got the courage to look at it, Monday evening, I discovered I couldn't even do the first problem by myself!  So I was so grateful Laura was available Tuesday and helped me worked through the test.  She was great and explained it just the way I needed her to.  John Mac told me the real test would be very similar, so after we worked through it, I felt so much better.  GOD really encouraged me.  I had yet another allergic reaction to work through, and felt really weak Wed, but the LORD helped me to study in spite of it...HE gave me "tougher shoes."  Betty Dean's words have just kept ringing in my ears this week to help me through the difficult times and I shared them with Hannah Beth when she was overwhelmed with her schooling.  She found out today that she made 102 on her test this morning, and we rejoice in GOD helping the both of us.  

Charles Spurgeon - How Precious Is Jesus!

Bentley | June 16, 2011 at 6:00 am | Tags: Charles SpurgeonThe Saint and His Savior | Categories: Charles SpurgeonSin | URL: http://wp.me/p1uloG-8R


But when self-confidence is removed — when the soul is stripped by conviction — when the light of the spirit reveals the loathsome state of the heart — when the power of the creature fades, how precious is Jesus! As the drowning mariner clutches the floating’ spar — as the dying man looks to some great physician — as the criminal values his pardon, so do we then esteem the deliverer of our souls as the Prince of the kings of the earth.

~Charles Spurgeon~


The Saint and His Savior - http://grace-ebooks.com. ebook. p. 13.




    We also found out yesterday, (this is early Friday morning that i am writing now), that GOD gave Hannah Beth, $5000.00 more dollars in scholarship money in addition to what she was already receiving for the upcoming school year.  I can't tell you what a blessing that was to us and we rejoice in GOD's goodness and help to our family.   Because of GOD providing so very generously for Hannah Beth's education, it enables us to have money to be able to pay for me to return to school, thus providing for me at the same time.  We praise GOD from WHOM all blessings flow.

     I just finished reading the quote below about CHRIST being "mighty to save."  My heart is overflowing with thinking of all the ways HE has worked to save me through the first three weeks of school and provide all my needs in CHRIST JESUS.   The verse I used above out of Acts was when Paul was on the boat sailing to Rome I think, and the boat was shipwrecked and GOD delivered Paul and the rest of the crew safely floating on logs and all to the shores of Malta.  I have felt like that with my class, that CHRIST has been "mighty to save," me through all the adversity I have faced the first few weeks, and HE has used so many to do that, including you through your prayers on my behalf.  Thank you so much!!!



Other Spurgeon Quotes
   


The Power of Christ Towards His People

Erik | June 17, 2011 at 12:00 am | Categories: Christ | URL: http://wp.me/pB3Oo-20w

It is a blessed and comfortable thought, that all this almighty power of our Lord Jesus Christ is engaged on behalf of His believing people. He has undertaken to save every one of them to the uttermost, and He is "mighty to save." The trials of His people are often many and great. The devil never ceases to make war against them. The rulers of this world frequently persecute them. The very heads of the Church, who ought to be tender shepherds, are often bitterly opposed to the truth as it is in Jesus. Yet, notwithstanding all this, Christ's people shall never be entirely forsaken. Though severely harassed, they shall not be destroyed. Though cast down, they shall not be cast away. At the darkest time let true Christians rest in the thought, that greater is He who is for them than all those who are against them.
~ J.C. Ryle
Expository Thoughts on the Gospels: Luke volume 1, [Carlisle, PA: Banner of Truth, 1986], 264. {Luke 8:22-25}
     I wanted to include a few more verses and quotes the LORD used to encourage me to endure in my Quiet Times with HIM this week, and I pray that HE will use them to encourage and strengthen your hearts in the places HE has you trusting HIM.  HE is "mighty to save," and HE will give us the "tougher shoes," we need to walk the difficult places HE has for us.
     "If you will give GOD your right to yourself, HE will make a holy experiment out of you.  GOD's experiments always succeed...The saint realizes that it is GOD who engineers circumstances so their is no whine, but a reckless abandon to JESUS..." Oswald Chambers
     "He shall feed HIS flock like a shepherd:  HE shall gather the lambs with HIS arm, and carry them in HIS bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Is. 40:11
    "GOD's WORD says, "Before you can get close to GOD, you have to find the highway of lowliness." Nancy Leigh DeMoss
   "Draw near to GOD and HE will draw near to you...Humble yourselves in the sight of the LORD and HE will lift you up." James 4:8-10
   "He that believeth on me,the works that I do shall HE do also, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my FATHER." John  14:12
     "GOD has ventured all in JESUS CHRIST to save us, now HE wants us to venture our all in abandoned confidence in HIM. " Oswald Chambers

    "It has taken me a good many years to realize that in the school of faith; what I am required to do I am enable to do.  Provision has been made.  I am not alone and there is nothing to fear." Elisabeth Elliot, www.elisabethelliot.org
     "GOD is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape that you may be able to bear it." I Cor. 10:13

   Is thy GOD...able?" Daniel 6:20
"Believe ye, that I am able to do this?" Yes LORD...
     "Strengthen yourself in the Omnipotence of GOD.  Do not say, "Is GOD able?"  Say rather, "GOD IS ABLE." - Andrew Murray     
    "Endure with faith and courage through the frost and you will see a glorious spring." Springs in the Valley
     "GOD is the MASTER ENGINEER.  HE allows the difficulties to come in order to see if you can vault over them properly.  GOD will never shield you from any of the requirements of a son or daughter of HIS."  Oswald Chalmbers
   "It is the path of HIS appointment that we shall find HIS presence." Springs in the Valley, June 14.
     "When my heart was embittered, and I was pierced within,
                   then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before Thee.
                   Nevertheless I am continually with Thee;
                   Thou has taken hold of my right hand.
                   With THY counsel THOU wilt guide me,
                   And afterward receive me to glory.
                   WHOM have I in heaven but THEE?
                   And besides THEE, I desire nothing on earth.
                   My flesh and my heart may fail,
                   But GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
                                                  -Psalm 73:21-26

     I used the song last week "Thou, O LORD," based on Psalm 3:3 sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, and I feel led to use it again this week, using a different video.

 I hope that you will take time to watch and be encouraged in our LORD who is our glory and lifter and of our head. "Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head." Psalm 3:3.  Indeed, HE is the glory and lifter of your head and mine,  HE is "mighty to save," and gives "tougher shoes," for us to climb the hills and mountains of difficulty that HE has for us.  For all those who have trusted in CHRIST JESUS as their LORD and SAVIOR, HE is all this and more....to those who reject the great gift of salvation found in CHRIST alone there awaits a great judgement.  



The Reality of Your Eternal Portion

Erik | June 15, 2011 at 12:00 am | Categories: End TimesJudgment | URL: http://wp.me/pB3Oo-22q
Resurrection and judgment await you. All is not over when the last breath is drawn and your body becomes a lump of cold clay. No: all is not over! The realities of existence then begin. The shadows will have passed away for ever. The trumpet shall one day sound, and call you forth from your narrow bed; the graves shall be rent asunder, and their tenants shall be summoned forth to meet God; the ears that would not obey the church going bell shall be obliged to obey that summons; the proud wills that would not submit to listen to sermons shall be compelled to listen to the judgment of God. The great white throne shall be set: the books shall be opened. Every man, woman and child, shall be arraigned at that great court appearance. Every one shall be judged according to his works. The sins of every one shall be answered for. And every one shall receive his eternal portion either in heaven or in hell!
~ J.C. Ryle
     My heart's desire, GOD's hearts desire is that you will humble yourselves, repent of your sins, and come to HIM as your LORD and SAVIOR this day.  "The LORD is not slow about HIS promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

    Thank you all again so much for your prayers for for me, for my family.  GOD is at work around here doing some "construction," as HE is in your life and your family and your loved ones.  What a joy to hear from you last week, and i appreciate so much your encouragement to me.  Happy Father's Day to all of you, and I am so very blessed to have my Daddy who is 84 and been such a dear and wonderful and faithful Daddy all of my life to me and my three brothers and sister and our families.Thank you, JESUS for my Daddy, WHO has shown me so very much of YOUR great love to me...and to our family.  I am so blessed that Daddy is still here with us in good health, and look forward to spending time with him today and this weekend.  I thank GOD for my wonderful Daddy in law, too, who has shown me and my family the love of JESUS over and over through the years.  Happy FATHER's Day to you both.
    I love you and thank GOD for you all...keep up with the prayers. I still have a long way to go to get through Precalculus. I need  your prayers for me to have "tougher shoes," to endure the hills and mountains that lie ahead..."but THOU, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of the my head."
                                                                      With all HIS love,
                                                                                         mitzi

    

--

"All GOD's giants have been weak men who did great things for GOD because they reckoned on HIS being with them." J. Hudson Taylor

"With men this is impossible, but with GOD all things are possible." Matt. 19:26

No comments: