Friday, November 4, 2011

"The Solid ROCK"

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by HIM; For whom the LORD loves HE chastens, And scourges every son whom HE receives." Hebrews 12:5-6

     Dear Praying Friends and Family,
                This past weekend, my Daddy celebrated his 85th birthday.  My brother Tracy from Sugar Land, Texas, flew in to spend time with Dad and Mom, and my other two brother's and I got to spend time with Daddy throughout the weekend.  It didn't work out for us all to get together at once and celebrate together, but all of us shared our love with our dear Daddy as we could visiting him and spending time with him which he loves the best.
My Daddy with my brother Ralph, in the cap, and my brother Tracy this past Sunday.

                 My dear Daddy has been such a "rock" for our family....if ever GOD made a man to be steady and faithful, and to love his family, my Daddy has been that for us.  Daddy is not a perfect man, as no man is...yes, i can think back, and look at weaknesses in my Daddy and I can see how GOD's grace has been so very sufficient in the midst of them to raise a crop of 5 children, with a wife who has struggled from sickness since the time i was born, 49 years ago.  
                GOD blessed my Daddy with abounding energy and health, and his patience has developed through the years:).  It was a good thing GOD blessed him with all that energy since Mother struggled so with her energy and health.  Yet she continued on preparing us healthy meals, grocery shopping, putting up things from the garden, buying our clothes, washing our clothes, and making sure we got our homework done.   Daddy ran a tight ship around our house...though i will admit he loosened the reigns quiet a bit with me being the baby...my brother's and sis will attest to that.  I'm sure by the time i came along, he and Mother were getting tired of raising young un's.  Nevertheless, i got my share of spankings with Daddy's belt when i was growing up...and the one i can remember the most is when i was supposed to have picked the green beans in our large garden, and i did a less than half way job.  I remember getting my legs striped good for that.  I honestly don't remember any other specific episodes of getting spanked, i just remember i did get spanked...i really did.  
    One of the things my Daddy wanted was for us to use our time wisely...when Daddy came home from work about 4:30 p.m. in the evenings it was a good idea to get up from the TV shows that Mother graciously let us watch after school, and find something to do around the house that was productive:).   Saturday mornings was for cleaning house for us girls, and the boys were usually outside working doing something...I do remember my brother Ralph and i think Joe had to mop and do other chores to around the house too in addition to working outside with Daddy. Jill, my older sis and I had most of the house cleaning, and i'm sure Mom...let me rephrase that...Jill and Mother had most of the house cleaning, and i pitched in.  I remember washing hairbrushes on Saturday, cleaning the bathrooms, the boys and the girls, and vacuuming...oh i didn't like to vacuum!  .   Daddy had Ralph and Joe chopping cotton and picking cotton when they were little guys to help out and make some money.   When the garden came in, there was always plenty to do to keep the Fowler children busy in the summer....picking, shelling, and my sis helped Mom and Dad with the canning.  I think i escaped that chore.  I used to sit on the couch in the summer time with buckets and clothes baskets full of butter beans, peas, green beans....saying, "I hate to shell butter beans, I hate to shell butter beans."  Didn't matter to Daddy, he knew that hard work and discipline was good for his children, and even though we just lived on an acre...he managed to find plenty for us to do around there...and if not there, helping my Granddaddy on his farm "up in the country," where Daddy's favorite pastime, working, was going up to help my Granddaddy on Saturday's and helping him repair his fences or whatever needed doing on Granddaddy's big farm.  

     "If you endure chastening, GOD deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?  But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.  Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect.  Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the FATHER of spirits and live?  For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but HE for our profit, that we may be partakers of HIS holiness." Hebrews 12:7-10

    We had plenty of fun too, growing up...like the camping trips i've told you about in here that Daddy took time out in the summer to take us on...those were a  lot of fun.  Daddy bought a used truck camper, a tent, and a used Crosby fishing boat that we learned to ski behind, and we were like the "Beverly Hillbillies," when we loaded up to go camping.  The boat was piled full of bicycles, lawn chairs, and whatever else would fit, us kids were tucked away in the truck camper and Mom and Dad had a nice quiet cab to ride up front alone in.  My brother Ralph would usually drive down in his Mustang later after he got off work to join us.  My oldest brother Joe, had already gone off to college i think by this time, and he missed out on our family camping ventures.  Speaking of my brother's cars...Daddy didn't have the money to buy new cars for us, and probably Joe and Ralph had to buy their own, i'm not sure.  But three of us kids had 1966-1967 Mustangs that Daddy fixed up and restored for us.  He didn't have much money to go around, but he sure had a lot of patience when it came to fixing up old cars, and restoring them.  In the picture is an old Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor that my Daddy just recently finished restoring...at 84!  Wow, what a blessing...the LORD has given him the health and all to be able to do that.  There is also a picture of the old barn we spent a lot of time in growing up as Daddy always had calves, a milk cow, chickens, dogs, kittens, etc...and a Farmall Tractor he still uses and keeps in the barn.


My Daddy on the tractor he stored this past year at 84!
                                
     One of the sweetest things that i have seen in my Daddy is how he is taking such good care of my Mother at this season of their lives.  Daddy helps her with the meals, grocery shops for them, cares her everywhere because she can't see good enough to drive, and they play Rook together several times a day.  Daddy stays home to be with Mother and cares for her, when he would like to go other places at times.  I really see my Daddy  as a picture of CHRIST who gave HIS life for us on the Cross, and Daddy has given his life for his wife, his family, and his friends over and over and over again.  
     
   

     The LORD has grown my Daddy in a lot of ways, just as HE is growing me and you.  My friend Wanda, who has so much wisdom has helped me to see that marriage is a process that GOD uses to change the both of us.  Wanda and Greg, both in their sixties have a marriage that is so enviable, as they go and do so much together now, but she reminds me of the rough times the LORD brought them through to get them to this point...and I see that in my Mama and Daddy's marriage, and i see that in mine and Johnny's marriage.  It's a refining process, and GOD is every working on us to polish us "HIS little rocks in CHRIST." HE sure has polished my Daddy and my Mother a lot through the trials and things HE has been so faithful to bring them through. 


    This past Sunday, our pastor starting singing as he was preaching, the hymn, "The Solid Rock."  I grew up knowing that hymn from the time i can't remember because Daddy was faithful to take us to church every Sunday, even when Mother didn't feel like going. I'm pretty sure my Mom used to play that song at the old piano in our house, and we would stand by her and sing it together.  JESUS sure has been "The Solid Rock" for our family through it all. When the preacher sang that first verse..."My hope is built on nothing less than JESUS blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on JESUS' name," the LORD really spoke to me.  

            As any of you know who have been reading these emails...i have been going through a time of discipline in my life for the past several months as i've had some new/old health issues crop up.  I have  tried every way in the world i know of to escape this "discipline," this trial, but my heavenly FATHER is going to keep me in it until it's time to come out of it.    I have looked to doctor's, nutritionist, chiropractor's, and  leaned really heavily on my family and friends, including my best friend Wanda, to help me through this trial.   GOD has used each and every one of them to help me and i am so grateful for their help, but they all are human and have limitations.  GOD  keeps reminding me that my HOPE is in HIM, the SOLID ROCK and i "dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on JESUS name."  I definitely think this time of discipline the LORD has been taking me through is teaching me that HE is my ALL and ALL...and HE is my SOLID ROCK. 

       "Through my deepest waters, hottest fires and darkest valleys GOD has taught me the deepest and the most eternal lessons." Elisabeth Elliot, A Path Through Suffering


      "YOU who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth."  Psalm 71:20


       

       My heavenly FATHER, loves me even so much more than my earthly Daddy, and HE is my SOLID ROCK and your SOLID ROCK for all those who have surrendered their lives to CHRIST JESUS and trusted in HIM to pay for our sins on the Cross.  As much as my earthly Daddy loves me, it doesn't hold a candle to how very much my heavenly FATHER loves me...that he would give his SON to pay for my sins....HIS SON is an amazing gift that i can't even fathom....and HE did it for all of us.
      For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whosoever believeth in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

     If you don't know CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOR, HE invites you to surrender your heart to HIM today...to repent of your sins and come to HIM the SOLID ROCK who will be to you the greatest DADDY that You could ever imagine..."Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, neither has it entered the heart of man the things that GOD has prepared for those who love HIM." I Cor. 2:9  

    Our heavenly FATHER loves us so much, that HE does discipline us...and that discipline is painful, but oh the harvest of righteousness that will come as a result of enduring that painful discipline that our FATHER lovingly lavishes upon us.  My Daddy disciplined us as he thought best, and i am so thankful for that discipline that produced a family of children of love JESUS, and each other, and others.  So thankful for that hard work ethic our Mother and Daddy taught us through discipline...and i am learning to be thankful for this time of discipline my heavenly FATHER is allowing me to go through right now.  HE is the SOLID ROCK, and though earthly comforters and help my fail me, GOD will never fail us as HE is ever faithful and ever working for our good and HIS glory.  

   " Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for yourself, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed." Heb. 12:11-12

    Thank you for letting me share with you about my Daddy, my earthly Daddy that GOD has so blessed me and my three brothers, and one sister with, and my heavenly FATHER, who loves  you and me and cares for us all so much, HE gave HIS SON to die for our sins.  HIS desire is that no one perish, and in these days of prophecy being fulfilled left and right, the time is drawing near for our LORD JESUS to come back for HIS bride, the Church.  JESUS is our Solid Rock, and when the world around us gives way, HE is the ROCK in the midst of the shifting sand. I included this recording a couple of months ago, about the Coming Global Transformation,http://www.thecomingglobaltransformation.org/ but in case you missed it, hope you can take time to listen in now.  This CD is a great witnessing tool about the Rapture and the changes  in our world that the Bible prophesied that are occuring all around us, even now...are you keeping up with Israel and their possible plans to attack Iran?  This could be the start of the war it talks about in Psalm 83.   Pray for Israel, and all that concerns them.

       I've included a version of "The Solid Rock," from You Tube that includes a little different variation of this old hymn.  I hope you are encouraged by it as i am....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQgD_Wg9DG4 .This coming Sunday we're singing "How GREAT is our GOD," by Chris Tomlin...this song and the video are beautiful in praise to our great GOD who loves us and planned your life and mine before we were born...HE knows the plan and HE has it all under control  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0yLRX4d2M.  Come join us at FBC, Athens if you don't have a place to worship our GREAT GOD...worship service is at 10:30 a.m. and Sunday School is at 9:15 a.m.

      I sure would appreciate your prayers for my Mom...she has not been feeling well for several weeks and has been having some tests run recently.  Thank you for remembering her in your prayers, along with your continued prayers for our family.   Hannah Beth seems to be feeling okay even though she tested positive for mono and we are very thankful...she is studying hard, and gave her first injection this week, took out an NG tube, and last week helped start an IV.  John Mac started his training for the Apple store and will be doing that through Monday.  Please pray for him as he  searches for some answers to some health problems.  We all need your prayers, and we appreciate so much you praying for us.  It is always a privilege to pray for you and i love hearing from you.   
                                                                                     With all HIS love,
                                                                                         mitzi

                                        "The Solid Rock"
     "My hope is built on nothing less than JESUS' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on JESUS' name.

      When darkness veils HIS lovely face, I rest on HIS unchanging grace; in ev' ry high and stormy gale my anchor holds within the veil.

     His oath, His covenant, HIS blood support me in the whelming flood; when all around my soul gives way, HE then is all my hope and stay.

     When HE shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in HIM be found, dressed in his righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.

     Refrain:  On CHRIST, the solid Rock, I stand-all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.
     
    

"Remember my affliction and roaming, the wormwood and the gall.  My soul still remembers and sinks within me.  This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because HIS compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; GREAT is YOUR faithfulness.  The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in HIM.  The LORD is good to those who wait for HIM, to the soul who seeks HIM.  It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:19-26

         


     
   

      

--
"Praise GOD in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens.  Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness." Psalm 150:1-2

"O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing"


       

No comments: